PRE PURCHASE PEST INSPECTION ALBURY WODONGA
A Pre Purchase Pest Inspection, also known as a ‘Timber Pest Inspection’ is recommended before purchasing a property to ensure that no hidden structural issues exist. Timber pests include termites, wood borers and wood decay fungi (wood rot). These timber pests are common in all properties and can undermine timber structures. Often in properties the timber pest may have already vacated, but it is still vitial to have a qualified Pest Technician advise on possible damage and preventative strategies against another attack.
All homes contain timber elements that are vulnerable to attack from timber pests regardless of construction type. It is estimated that one in five Albury Wodonga properties contain some form of termite activity.
A Pre Purchase Pest Inspection will always recommended and investigates for the following:
- Subterranean Termites or evidence of termite activity and termite damage as well as evidence of any previous Termite treatment. (Very Important)
- Timber borers or evidence of timber borers and damage.
- Wood rot (wood decay fungi) damage and potential safety hazards in timber structures such as rotten timber steps, handrails and balconies.
- We report on any conditions that may be conducive to Termite attack or conditions that can cause wood rot.
- We also report on safety hazards with regard to timber structures.